Sunday, March 28, 2010

Red Lodge Part 6: Beaver Dam


It was a beautiful day out here in Red Lodge, Montana, so I stepped out for an hour or so to go check out the beaver dam just down the road from the studio. Along the way I snapped a few pictures. I love old sheds, falling down or not. The passage of time, some mysteries and weathered material.

At the Beaver Lodge Fishing Access,
I didn't spot any beavers, but snapped a shot of their handiwork.

After my walk I trimmed the lids on some of the jars and made a few more with a 50/50 mix of the B-mix and Death Valley. Today I'll trim the bottoms and start spraying slips, and carving a few images into them. I'll try not to play too much, I do like the clean surface. But I usually can't resist that canvas!

Betty finished up some really great flower bricks.
I can't wait to see some of these in the soda and the wood fire!
More on that tonight or tomorrow!

I'll post again tonight when we get back from another productive day in the studio!

No comments: