Thursday, January 6, 2011

Seeing the Forest for the Trees...




We had a couple of days of sunshine earlier in the week, which allowed me to gather up some windfall limbs around the property here in Brush Valley. It’s been a cold and snowy winter so far and I’ve been burning through the wood. So when we get a little break in the weather and some of that snow melts off, I like to get out in the woods. It gives me a chance to see the forest for the trees.

I realize how blessed I am to be here in the country(thank you Betty), living such a simple life. But it is very isolated and I really didn’t think I’d be here by myself. Occasionally I have to remind myself of why I’m here. Getting out in the woods helps.



Another post soon, and I’ll tell the story of how I ended up here in Brush Valley, but for now it’s back to the studio.

No comments: