Sunday, April 4, 2010

Red Lodge Part11: Cody images

Back on March 16th we made the last leg of our 3 day journey from PA to Red Lodge, late at night, drifting into town from Cody, Wyoming at around 1:30am. I was driving that night, and had no idea of the beauty that lay behind the dark as we sped through Wyoming and into Montana. Until yesterday! We made a day trip south on US Highway 120, retracing the route from that last night, down into the land of Buffalo Bill. I was just awestruck by the beauty! These photos, of course, do no justice to the majesty of what we saw. Though I was apprehensive to take a break from the studio, we all needed it, and I'm glad we went!
above, looking northwest from US 120 in Wyoming.
above, looking southeast coming home from Cody. I was struck by the similarity that the southern side held with The Badlands.
above, image taken near Belfry, Montana.
We stopped near the crest of the hill just south of Redlodge. This is looking back down toward Bearcreek, Montana, on US 38.
We got back to it today, and we'll be making our last push towards firing the train kiln.
Best to you all!
Cheers!

3 comments:

k.houser said...

Man, I have enjoyed checking into your blog and seeing all the images...I have passed it along to a number of others I met up with out in NCECA that were former students of Don and knew of the world of IUP...anyways dude, Im way jealous and in need of that sort of pot making retreat myself.

floydpots said...

Thanks Kyle! I know how very lucky I am to be here. Great to hear from you. Your sculptures in Farmville, VA at the J Ferguson Gallery look wild, by the way!

Mr. Young said...

In that last picture you can see so far! We don't have views like that here... the island is only 35 miles long and 8-12 miles wide!